I haven't shared a free font in quite a while, but I was completely obsessed with Porter Sans the second I saw it. I can imagine it being used in a modern french bistro. Head over here to try it out or download it.
Dress up a plain old glass bottle with this tutorial.
Make an Anthro-inspired knife holder using these instructions.
A new take on floral display. Here's the tutorial.
Make this cute ciao rug using these instructions.
Get the tutorial for these adorable succulent planter here.
This wooden soap dish is gorgeous... here's the tutorial.
This colorful throw blanket is easy to make. Find out how here.
'Tis the season for crafting (well, isn't it always?!) so I thought I'd share some fun DIY projects for your home. Aren't those sprayed glass jars in the first photo great? They would be perfect for holding plant clippings. And if you're itching for even more DIY's, check these out.
Stunning views at Ocean Beach in San Francisco.
A pretty view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the Presidio.
The Painted Ladies (i.e. the Full House house) were fun to see.
Gorgeous colors in Chinatown in San Francisco.
A little bird sang us a song at Muir Beach, on the way to Sonoma.
And the deer were just as interested in us as we were in them.
Onto wine country... here we are at Benziger, a biodynamic vineyard in Sonoma.
This is at the Darioush winery, in owner Darioush Khaledi's
private cellar. It pays to have a boyfriend in the wine industry!
And here are the barrels of wine at Franciscan...
And the rows and rows and rows of grapes.
Some of you may know that I've started working for Houzz.com, doing My Houzz tours... I find gorgeous houses, photograph them, and then write an article about the space. Above are links to my first three tours. It's been a lot of fun so far - I love talking to people about the stories behind their spaces... those little details that turn a house into a home.
If you know someone who has a well-designed home with an interesting story behind it, feel free to submit photos to me via email for consideration. If it fits the bill, it just might be featured on Houzz! (homes in the northeastern United States only please). Thanks everyone!
The other day I went to a closing sale at the local craft store and they were selling literally everything, including the lighting. So I picked up two industrial green pendent lights for $12 apiece (they look just like the ones in the last photo). Now I just need a house to put them in... So of course I've been looking at vintage industrial lighting inspiration on Pinterest all day. Above are the fruits of my labor.
Also... have you entered my summer giveaway yet? You might want to check it out (wink wink).
I don't know about you, but I'm ecstatic about the warmer weather that we've finally been enjoying up here in Boston. I'm so happy, in fact, that it makes me want to give away some free loot!
Here's how it works... using the Rafflecopter form below, enter to win up to 22 times. The winner will be contacted via email on May 22, at which point he or she will choose one of the ten summery home decor prizes shown above. And then I'll have the item shipped directly to that lucky duck. Now, for some details about the prizes (click on the red links to see the item on the retailer's site).
1. Hand Loomed Turkish Towel - This colorful Peshtamal style textile can be used as a beach towel, a picnic blanket or as a unique throw in your living room.
2. Aqua Citronella Candle - Keep mosquitos at bay without sacrificing style!
3. Stoneware Mug Set - These green coffee mugs will help get your day off to the right start. Set of 4.
4. Carnival Linen Tea Towel - This pretty tea towel is sure to add a pop of color to any kitchen.
5. Copper Salt & Pepper Shakers - Copper is so hot these days! Swap your tired old shakers for these stunners.
6. Glass Infuser Drink Dispenser - Serve water (or cocktails) infused with delicious summer fruits and herbs.
7. Floral Lumbar Throw Pillows - These indoor/outdoor pillows are sure to freshen up any outdoor space. Set of 2.
8. Melamine Dinner Plates - These nautical style melamine plates would be perfect for the dog days of summer on the back deck. Set of 4.
9. Pedestal Serving Board - This gorgeous wooden piece would be perfect for cheese or charcuterie.
10. Watering Can - And last but certainly not least... this bright yellow piece will make you want to water your plants!
Make a pretty fabric bookmark using this tutorial.
These scented fabric sachets will make your dresser smell lovely.
A fabric statement necklace is another fun idea. Get the tutorials here.
Find out how to cover your books here.
Make a yoga mat carrying strap with this tutorial by yours truly.
These bows are super versatile... get the how-to here.
Make fabric rope using this clever tutorial.
If you're like me, you have a ton of leftover fabric scraps from past sewing projects. I've been trying to use mine up, rather than buying new fabric (which is really difficult for me!) so I've been on the lookout for fabric scrap projects. Above are seven of my recent favorites.